Wednesday, January 5, 2011

What a day

Wow. Today has been an interesting one to say the least. It was just one thing after another. To begin my day, we received an e-mail from the principal saying we were in a lock down situation. Turns out a mental patient escaped from a mental hospital not far from where I work. He had also been sighted in the area. I don't do well in those situations. I'll post a link to the news article in case your interested.

http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/latest/112942164.html

Ok so that all was going on. Well then during lunch a child choked on his food. I'm talking bright red in the face choking. Luckily a person certified in CPR was able to help him out. I also learned that only 3 people in the entire school are CPR certified. Thats scary! So this summer I'm going to see what I need to do to become certified.

Lastly, a man was there today installing a card swipe thing, I just swipe a card when I go to work & not use a key. Well during lunch(lunch was a busy time) we heard a thud. So everyone was checking on everyone else, trying to figure out where the thud came from. Then we remembered the man installing the thing. We open the door, and there he is, on the ground, out cold. I FREAKED out, my boss was screaming. It was awful! My first thought was "Is he breathing", which thankfully he was. He was out for about ten minutes. When he came though, he wanted to sit up, but the school nurse kept telling him no. He got very "pushy". He was screaming for everyone to get away from him, no one to touch him etc etc etc. Well when the ambulance arrives he REFUSES to go to the hospital. Now mind you, hes puking everywhere, and the back of his head is crushed in. Yes, crushed in. It's a concrete & ceramic floor. Anywho, it took over and hour to get him to finally go with the EMT! He kept insisting he drive himself home. And we had the big people from the school board showing up. Awful! What they think happened was he was on his ladder doing some wire work right inside the ceiling and he got shocked. Had to be a hell of a shock to knock him off the ladder. He fell 5 feet at least and hit that floor. Guys, thats a VERY unforgiving floor. He was lucky to get off of it at all. But that really scared the shit out of me. Only comfort I got from it was with the ambulance and firetruck lights and sirens, I knew the nut case wouldn't have been around there. And if he was, he booked when he saw the lights.


But everyone, that was my day. I hope this means tomorrow & Friday are smooth. I don't think my heart can take it. When I saw that guy laying there, I literally felt sick. When I got the email about the escaped person, I felt sick. When I saw the child choking, I felt sick. So PLEASE let the rest of the week go well.

No comments:

Post a Comment