Sunday, January 9, 2011

Clearing out

I've spent most of my morning boxing up things I don't have room for but want when I get my own place. I lived in the dining room for 3 years & in that 3 years I accumulated a lot of stuff. Now I am in a normal sized room, while I can fit everything in here, I hate the look of clutter. What looked great in my HUGE room looks like clutter in my new small room. I also need to clean the top of my closet out. There is stuff up there I couldn't tell you what it was. Things people have handed down to me, things I'm accumulated over time & now don't like. So I hope to do that next weekend since I have a 3 day weekend. All the things I do not want are getting priced and going into a garage sale. I'm having one soonish to raise money so I can go to Scotland for a study abroad program. I hope I can go *crosses fingers*. If I don't get to go, the money just goes into my savings. I suppose the real reason I'm blogging is to stall, waste time. I always get lazy around noon time.

OH, a few weeks ago I decided I wanted new bedding. Stuff that went with my room & all matched. Up till now I had sheets my mom handed down to me, a comforter she gave me for Christmas a couple years ago (I love it, but it doesn't match my room). So I went on Overstock.com on the hunt. This is what I ordered.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I only paid $100 & I got the comforter, bedskirt, the two blue pillow shams, the two brown pillow shams, and the two decorative pillows. I haven't put it on my bed yet because I need to go to Target & get teal sheets, and some plain teal & chocolate pillow cases. I also have to get square pillows of the blue shams. But I'm so excited. I'm going to Target this week. I'm having a hard time waiting lol. And I refuse to put it on my bed until I have all the pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment