Thursday, December 30, 2010

New Year of possibilites

I love the New Year! It always feels like a fresh start, that nothing can hold me back! I feel like the world is new! I have so many big plans for the new year :) I have two areas in my life I REALLY want to focus on, health & money. Other areas in my life need attention also, but those two are the ones in most need.

As far as health goes, I've got to loose weight. I'm a total fat ass. Some people may find that offensive, but this is my blog, so I don't care. I'm very over weight. While I'm happy, I know this will end up killing me and that scares the shit out of me. So I'll be making better choices for myself. In order to help me with this, I've decided to make some changes to my life style. They are :

-Give up soda. I normally don't drink it all that often. But I go though spurts where I drink WAY too much. Also, when I went back to school this semester, I found myself drinking it a lot more. So I'm going back to teas & water, but mostly water. Good thing I love water :)

-Fast food. I eat it way too much. It's just so convenient when I have classes right after work until 9 at night. It's so easy. But no more. I'm limiting myself to two fast food runs a month. Two is WAY better then 10+. Also, I'll make better choices. Like if I go to McDonalds, get a Happy Meal w/ apples instead of a 10 piece meal with fries. Or Taco Bell, get no sour creme. Also limiting the fast food, will help me with my other New Year theme of money.

-Exercise. I used to love to work out, now I never do. So when the new year starts, I'm going to start with walking. I used to walk EVERYDAY 6+ miles a day. I miss that. That was my "me" time. I'd plug in my ear phones & go. This might help my mental health also :)

I'm sure as I go, I'll find other tips & tricks to help me in this dept. I hope to lose 50+ pounds this year. I know what I want to weigh at this time next year. Lets hope I get there. This isn't just about weight either. This is about my blood pressure and overall health. Diabetes run in my family, I don't have it yet. But if I keep going the way I am, eventually I will.

Now the second area I want to work on in my life is money. I work for a school & only get paid once a month. That alone SUCKS. But the end of the month I'm counting change to put gas in the tank. So I have to be careful. I need to learn I don't make a lot, so I can't spend a lot. After my bills & school payments I'm left with about $330. Not a lot when about $100 of it is gas. But I do have some plans to help me.

-Savings account. Now I can't open this until income taxes come in. Once I open it I'll make monthly deposits. I'm not sure how much atm that will be. Also, in August I'm going to juggle some of my insurances around to save money. So when I do that I will be able to put more up. I'm 24, I need to make some kind of net for myself.

-Sales. I am a sale hound, if it's on sale I by. Need it or not. That has to STOP! So if I don't need it. I'm not getting it. On the other hand, if I need something I'm going to take the time to find a deal, sale, coupon, etc. Example, when I go jean shopping,I need to hunt the clearance racks BEFORE I look at regular priced stuff. I have a bad habit of doing it the other way around, and I spend more and get less that way.

-The limiting my fast food intake, soda in take, getting smaller portions at restaurants will also help with the money issue. I don't even want to know what I spent on food in the last year.

So those are my TWO major areas I want to work on this year. I'll be working on others, but those take priority over others. I'm excited to get started, and hope I can do it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment