Sunday, May 8, 2011

Just the happenings in my life

Not too much has been going in this past week or so. On Tuesday I turned 25, I haven't really accepted it yet lol. The ladies I work with threw me a small little party and that was about it for my birthday. After work Tuesday I went & got my hair done, then went to supper with my mom & sister. I just really was not in the birthday mood I suppose you could say. It really did just feel like another day. Wednesday morning, the assistant principal attacked me with a flip video camera. What I mean by that is he made me film a little piece about my birthday & he put me on the morning announcements Friday morning. Not too much else has been going on at work! Only 14 more days till summer vacation!

Yesterday was my last day of classes. It feels like this semester JUST started. It flew! I turned in my final paper for ART 101. I was pretty pleased with it. I was supposed to write about a piece of art I saw at a museum. So first I had to visit a museum, which I did Thursday. I went to the nice one downtown. I'd never been there before, but I will be going more often. It was very nice & only cost $5. But with student ID you get in free. I didn't know that, but $5 is not bad at all. Here is the piece I wrote about, I got it from the artists website.

Photobucket

Lets see, what else is going on....Not too much really. So I'll post a few pictures & update again in a few days.

My niece! Gotta love her fashion choices!

Photobucket

Megan again!

Photobucket

My oldest nephew Ian at a baseball game.

Photobucket

HAHA, Tyler on his last day of school. His mom made him pose of this. Makes me giggle!

Photobucket

This is the USS Kidd. It's a WWII battleship thats docked downtown, you can go take tours and such. It's pretty neat. In 25 years I have NEVER seen it floating. Not once. Now look at it. Floating! Shows how high the Mississippi river is right now.

Photobucket

Normally she looks like this. I stole these from a BR tour site. Ass you see there are braces for when water comes in so she doesn't float away. But this is how I've always seen her. Dry & in a brace.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment